a room with a view

4/07/2012 01:00:00 PM / Posted by Meanniee /

i woke up today with a feeling. i have read far too many times that this has happened on others. but although i tried to tell myself to appreciate/bersyukur life, even shamelessly promoting this value on the blog, i have never, really, walk the talk.

but this morning, i don't know if it's a sign, as in 2012, being the end of the world or whatnot(pardon my sarcasm), i open my eyes, before my body even gather the sense of waking up, the first thought ran over me... today is going to be a wonderful day.

it is bizarre. i have never been a true life believer, ever too cynical to throw the first line of negativity. but this... even i couldn't help chuckle a laugh at myself right after. really?

then as if i was possessed by some righteous force, i didn't drag myself out of bed, i even did my own laundry and manage to hang them all under the beautiful saturday sun before noon. all while wearing a rather decent expression. :)

wow. *applaud to myself* i don't know how long this sense of contentedness is going to last, but yes. as i was lying down listening to João gilberto and Dario Marianelli, as if for the first time, i was mesmerized by the formation of clouds just outside my window.

i didn't realise, as with the other million things happening in my life, that, i actually have a rather f8cking cool view just outside my window.

how jaded have i become over the years?

but nothing is too late until you're six feet under. right? :) 后知后觉 总好过 不知不觉 啊。

however, there's currently a major construction happening just opposite of the house, heavy machines bulldozing their way through for the construction of 3-story housing project. no doubt i will only have a few months left enjoying the view i was so ignorant of before.

i guess nothing really lasts, but the more important thing is to realise that nothing is permanent but still strive to make the most of it while you have the time. having said that, i hope i don't go mistreat my family members 5 minutes later.

p/s: i am feeling couscous now. anyone?

1 comments:

Comment by Jean on April 15, 2012 at 5:16 PM

cloud watching..hm..sounds idylic

Post a Comment